Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sarevok Dies

The final battle:

Prepared to enter the Temple of Bhaal.  The party is 1.) Idaen, the Bhaalspawn.  2.) Shar-Teel.  We picked her up out near the basilisk grounds east of Beregost, pretty late in the game.  Due to her impressive fighter skills, she was recruited and has been performing great with the group since then.  3.) Ajantis, a paladin that has been with the group for a long time.  We banded together to hunt bandits many months ago, and it's evolved into something greater.  4.)  Tiax.  He joined us only a week or less ago, as a replacement for the slain Montaron.  Never been outside of Baldur's Gate with him in the group.  5.) Imoen, here since the very beginning...became a deadly mage in the few months since we left Candlekeep the first time.  6.) Xzar, evil necromancer slash crazy Zhentish agent.  He's been with us since just after Imoen joined the PC.

Tiax checking for traps in the main chamber...and there are a lot of them.  Of course, the thief is using his cleric spells to find the traps.

And it starts!  Focus on Angelo and the mage first.  Shar-Teel has to kill her father?  Hey...none of my business if she's okay with it.  Also, that Wand of Monster Summoning came in handy definitely.

Welp, Tiax just generally stood there and didn't do much of anything the whole time...maybe cast a spell or two, maybe sling some bullets.

Some doom guards spawned due to setting off a trap or entering an area I shouldn't have.  Imoen neutralizes them fairly easily with a wand of stunnin'.

And...Sarevok falls.  If I knew he would take this much damage from magic missiles, I would have just bombarded him from the start.  Either way, this all worked out just fine.
And that's it.  I've never beaten BG1 until that moment.  Of course it can be argued that, did I really complete the game since it ended before I could return to Durlag's Tower?  Well, that's for the refs to decide.  Next playthough I know I'll get to it, but this time I might have been itchin' to get the campaign moving.

This is my team at the end of the game:

Idaen, lvl 7 cleric/lvl 7 ranger
Shar-Teel, lvl 7 fighter
Ajantis, lvl 8 paladin
Tiax, lvl 5 cleric/lvl 6 thief
Imoen, lvl 6 thief>level 9 mage
Xzar, lvl 9 necromancer.

So it's onto...Amn?  Yes, it is.  I've already started playing BG2 with Idaen, so a new blog should be coming sooon.  Actually, when I imported, they gave me a lot of extra experience...like 240k or so...I'm not sure what happened but it sure is weird.  I immediately leveled up to level 8 cleric, but that's for next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment